Resume References, Awards and Certifications
For openings in most traditional business environments, there’s no need to include references. It also may be appropriate to just state, “References upon Request”. Depending on the situation, you may want to give different references for different positions.
For example, if you are a Weigh Manager Consultant looking for a job and you have certificates related to your specialty like "License of Clinical Competence in BMI calculator for Women" or "Certificate in Children Nutritionist", you should highlight these titles achieved in your Professional Resume now.
Include a listing of professional and community organizations to which you belong and any specific leadership roles, committee memberships or accomplishments. If your references are high-profile people, it could be of value to include those names on your resume, provided you have checked with the individual's first. Since most of us don’t have those kinds of references, it is usually better to leave off any names.
Resume Awards Examples
When describing honors or awards on your resume, it is important to maximize the use of language and wording in order to get your point across in the strongest way.
- All-District Trumpet Player Symphonic Band (2007-2009)
- All-County Trumpet Player (2007-2009)
- All-Region Men's Varsity Soccer Player (2012-2014)
- All-Conference Men's Varsity Soccer Player (2012-2014)
- Top Scots Honor Roll(2011-2012)
- National Honor Society Member (2013-2014)
- Principle Award (2010-2011)
- Most Improved Men's Tennis Player (2012-2013)
- 2000 Reconocimiento por la Excelencia en Ventas
- 1995 Top Sales, Puerto Rico Investor's Tax Free Fund
- Marketing One Securities, Inc.
- 1982 Leader of the Month
- State Mutual/Allmerica Financial
Humanities and Liberal Arts
- Junior Achievement Awards, 1948, for How to Find and Follow Your Career.
- Junior Achievement Awards, 1953, for Career Planning for High School Students.
- Paul D. Converse Award, University of Illinois chapter of American Marketing Association, 1959.
- Awarded Cross of Legion Honor in 1853. Elected into the Académie de Sciences in 1862. Awarded the Grand Prix Medal for the Pasteurization Method. Awarded the Grand Cross of Legion Honor in 1881. Elected as an Associate Member of the Académie de Médicine in 1873. Awarded the Gold Medal of the Royal Society of London. Accepted into the Académie Française in 1882.
- Nobel Peace Prize
- Best decision maker[in college]
- Most peaceful
- Head Boy
- Community service for stopping a riot.
- Outstanding Young Men in America in 1989.
- Washington DC Veteran Small Business Advocate of the Year (SBA) 2003.
- Awarded 16 medals of personal achievement and national service throughout a highly successful and rewarding 21-year career as Naval Officer.
- Received community service awards for work with youth in New Orleans, Louisiana, McAlester, Oklahoma, Washington, D.C., Evansville, Indiana and Owensboro, Kentucky.
- Academic Achievement
- Academic Excellence
- Military Excellence
Singer and Musician
- 2006, and 2012 Mercury Music Prize winner with the bands Arctic Monkeys and Alt-J.
- 2010 MTV Music Award for Best Rock Artist of the Year.
- Admission into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2010 with the band Arctic Monkeys.
Recruiting and Employment
- Most punctual employee award - 2010
- Most dedicated employee award - 2011
- OKLA Caregiver of the Year for Administration - 2007
- Member of the Golden Key Honour Society
Physician and Surgeon
- Head of Surgery at NFR Cancer Center
- Teacher of the year award- Trinityville Primary 2011, Gold and silver awards at the recently concluded JCDC Festival of the Performing Arts
- Awarded TCS Gem for the Hard work and dedication shown in the implementation of the newest version of trading application in HSBC.
Professional Resume Certifications Examples
Customer Service Management
- Passed IATA – Consultant (Level 2) in March 2004 (Distinction in Theory).
- Passed ‘Certificate in International Tourism’ from the ‘City & Guilds of London Institute’ in Feb 2004 in ‘Distinction-Credit’ Class.
- Passed ‘Diploma in Compact Travel & Tourism’ from IHCTM – RBCS Group, Colaba, Mumbai – 05 in ‘Distinction’ Class in 2004.
- Passed ‘Computerized Reservation System’ – Galileo from IHCTM-RBCS Group, Colaba, Bom – 05 in ‘Distinction’ Class in 2004.
- Hands-on, Hardworking, Highly motivated, Meticulous, Multi-task-oriented, Organized, Positive, Productive, Reliable, Resourceful, Responsible, Business-savvy, Committed, Customer-focused, Dedicated, Dependable and Effective,
- Account Management / Business Development / Team Leadership/Training
- Customer Base Expansion / Product Training & Placement / Brand Awareness/Development
- Business to Business Sales / Direct Sales & Marketing / Trade Show Management
- Corporate Finance Officer and General Counsel, The International Biotechnology and Innovation Conference - Cairo University - November 2010
- Capital Markets and Financial Advisory Services Program, the Egyptian Exchange - May 2011
- Market Indicators and Fundamental Data Workshop, Egyptian American Company for Securities Brokerage - October 2011
- Bioprocessing Data and The Industrial Production of Enzymes, Research Project - National Research Centre - June 2012
- Sequencing Applications Workshop, Clinilabs - September 2013
- Financial Risk Manager, International Union of Financial Analysts - April 2014
- Financial Management Systems Certification, Faculty of Computers and Information - Cairo University - April 2014
- Adobe Applications Certified Professional, Adobe - December 2014
In order to be a Registered Nurse, you need to have the following qualities..
- You need to have good communication.
- You need to be emotionally strong.
- You need to be empathetic.
- You need to be patient and calm.
- You need to be able to pay attention to detail.
- You need to have good Physical Endurance.
Customer Service Representative
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Fair Debt Collections Practices
- Bankruptcy Collection Procedures
- Collections and Finance Code of Conduct
- Customer Service Code of Conduct
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Gerontology 1996
- Healthcare Leadership and Administration Decision Making (HCL) - US Department of Homeland Security - Center for Domestic Preparedness 2010
- FEMA IS-200
- FEMA IS-700
- FEMA IS-800
Physician and Surgeon
- A much sought after speaker in international community of doctors, he has traveled the globe from East to West- sharing his techniques with fellow doctors around the world. His presentation was awarded as the best podium presentation at the annual meeting of the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons at Vancouver, Canada in May 2011. He was invited to deliver the ‘Menda and Muragami Oration’ at the Asia Pacific Federation of Coloproctology meeting in Thailand in 2011. He has presented more than 65 papers in about 32 international colorectal congresses abroad. He is editorial board member of 7 international medical journals and reviewer for more than 40 surgery journals.
- I am a certified Registered Nurse in the State of Kansas, Nebraska, and Colorado. I can teach CNA and CMA classes in the state of Kansas I have an associates degree in Nursing. I graduated with a 3.5 GPA in 1992 with my associates degree. I received my LPN license in 1987 and worked the floor until I got my RN. Was a Health Service Supervisor and did get a facility ready for skilled nursing but had to go back to school for my RN at that time.
Principal and Director
- Department of Public Instruction
- State of Wisconsin
- Standard Certification
- Endorsements: Superintendent, Principal. Business Education, Curriculum Instruction, Driver Education
- State of Arizona
- Standard Certification
- Endorsements: Superintendent, Principal
- Technical Certification for construction technology (JCTCS)
- Technical Certification for Construction Technology (Ivy Tech)
- Certificate of Completion for Small Business Course (C.A.S.I.)
- 1. MBBS
- 2. Dip in Ortho
- 3. MS in Gen Surgery
- 4. MCh in Neurosurgery.
Chef and Sommerlier
- Serve Safe Certified
Chef and Sommerlier
- Certified Food Safety Manager - National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
Compensation and Beneficts
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Controller and Treasurer
- Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
- A counseling certificate
- Talk to children about problems
- Certified American Correctional Association (ACA) Health Care Auditor
- NBCOT October 1999
- CPR updated 2011
- Certified Janitorial Skills Training Program Awarded on March 2,2012. Received from the Heart of Jesus CDC program.
Medical and Lab Technician
- #Certificated Nurse Practitioner
- CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT 1992 TO PRESENT
- I am Interested to work this site.
- Certified Public Accountant
- Master Instructor - United States Air Force
- National Board Certified in Physical Education
Restaurant and Food Service
- ServSafe Certified February 2012
- Passed MS-CIT Examination With 82%
- Got Certified in Blackberry Handset Training with Vodafone.
- Achieved & maintained CMP designation since July 2005
Professional Resume Affiliations
Elected Official and Policy Maker
- Oklahoma Council on Public Affairs (OCPA)
- Heritage Foundation
- Americans for Prosperity
- National Federation of Independent Business
- Muskogee Tea Party
- Muskogee County GOP
- OKGOP Minuteman
- National Rifle Association
- Muskogee Chamber of Commerce
- Fort Gibson Chamber of Commerce
- Christian Home Educators Fellowship of Oklahoma
- Gideons International
- Optimist International
- Indian Nations Beekeepers Association
- Character Council of Muskogee
- Oklahoma Assisted Living Association
- Assisted Living Association of America
- Leading Age - Oklahoma
- Leading Age - National
- Advisory Board of Licensed Practical Nursing - Southwest Technology Center
- Region 3 - Disaster Planning (MERC)
- Oklahoma State Department of Health - Assisted Living Quality Initiative
- Peachtree Road United Methodist Church, member
- Ambassador Team
- Sunday School Teacher
- Finance Committee
- Administrative Board
- Chairman, Board of Trustees
- Attended International conference on “Happiness & Well-being: Role of Management Education” in 2011.
- Participation in National Conference on “Climate Compatibility on business in 21st Century” in 2010 dated 23-24 February as a member of “Discipline committee” and “Press & Conference Committee”, organized by our college.
- Attended National Conference on “Managing Strategies strategically” of BMAS College, Agra held on BMAS dated April 9 – 10, 2010.
Advertising, Marketing and PR
- Outdoor Advertising Association of America
- Outdoor Advertising Association of Puerto Rico
- Nu Sigma Beta fraternity
- Illinois Principal Association
- Illinois Alliance of Administrators of Special Education
- Member of PLUS, Professional Liability Underwriting Society
- Member of APIW, Association of Professional Insurance Women
- Representing the Colony of Massachusetts.
- Originally of Braintree, Mass.
- Dc restaurant association,
- Federazione cuochi italiani
Horticulture and Gardening
- Member of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America since 2006
- Member of the Mississippi Valley Golf Course Association since 2005
Physiciand and Surgeon
- University of Florida at Shands
- Member of AMBA (American Medical Billing Association)
- Leader of 2 Dens, Den 4 and Den 7
- Group Facilitator
- Member of HSMAI, PCMA, ASAE, AMC Institute, MPI