Office Manager Resume
If you are interested in Office Manager application, you have to learn some important skills in order to stand out from the rest. Important requirements such as wide computer knowledge, a college degree, excellent resume writing and the ability to speak many languages are compulsory.
Then you will look for most common Office Manager tasks:
- Ensure that systems operate cohesively
- Organize office operations
- To be adept at employees supervising
- Manage staff contracts.
- Manage contract negotiations with office service providers
- Ensure the smooth functioning of an Office
- Have an excellent Communication Skills
- Maintain accounting responsibilities
- Ensuring that expenses remain as low as possible
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports
- Training new employees
- Recruiting and electing office staff
Language Knowledge is really important
Languages are quite important in Office Management positions because the majority of companies have business relations in different parts of the world, in this fashion to learn German, Spanish, French and Mandarin Chinese open many job opportunities to professionals that decide to go one step ahead from the rest.
Office Manager Resume Templates
Office manager Resume sections
Try to check our office management resume sections.
Resume Objective Examples
Effective and detail-oriented individual seeking a position where I can utilize my exceptional secretarial and organizational skills to improve the overall efficiency of the corporation.
To be an active & excellent employee in your organization and to express and develop my professional skills for the mutual benefit of the company and myself.
Results driven management professional offering over 10 years of comprehensive experience in client services. Skilled in customer service and vendor relationships, training and supervision. Driven by new challenges and the desire to be successful in all endeavors.
Assistant Property Manager position utilizing diligent work ethic with emphasis in customer relations and problem solving abilities.
Accounting Clerk, Office Administrator or Administrative Assistant Position
Resume Experience Examples
Office Administrator ( October 2011 - Current)
- UniFirst Corporation, Chattanooga, Tennessee US
- Manage daily financial tasks to include:
- Coding and keying Accounts Payable using the correct GL code, Accounts Receivable, Submitting invoices for approval and payment
- Maintain vendor files
- Produce customer summary billing
- Post checks daily
- Reconcile bank deposits and credit cards
- Execute Account Management System
- Generate Reports
- Enter payroll and employee changes
- Audit vacation and sick time
- Log attendance
- Review, organize and maintain employee files, payroll files and customer files
- Conduct OSHA Compliance training
- Conduct new hire orientation, assist with basic benefits, health insurance, 401k
- Conduct background checks, MVR's and credit checks
- Key daily orders and new accounts
- Data Entry
- Help supervise 5 route drivers and 6 sales reps
- Report directly to General Manager and Branch Manager
Administrative Assistant - ( May 2006 - October 2011)
- Watts Enterprises, Dalton , Georgia US
- Assisted with payroll preparation
- Code and keyed Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Reconciled bank accounts and credit cards
- Manage Commercial and Residential properties including Mortgages
- Posted accurate record of office charges, payments and receipts in computer
- Handled large amounts of monies and made daily bank deposits
- Assisted owner of company with various projects and travel arrangements
- Updated spreadsheets, data entry
- Generated monthly reports
- Reported directly to Office Manager and Owner
Customer Service - ( October 2001 - June 2005)
- CompFirst USA, Dalton, Georgia US
- Answered multi-phone lines
- Resolved customer issues with billing and services
- Filed state forms
- Customer service via phone and email
Receptionist - ( 2002 - 2005)
- TranSource, Colfax, NC USA
- First point of contact for walk in customers, answered multi-line phone, processed and distributed mail, processed incoming payments for deposits; created and distributed newsletter to all employees and select customers; created excel spreadsheet for salesmen to track length of time inventory has been on lot, and taught them to use it;
- Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages.
- 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience.
- Distributed mail and internal correspondence.
- Created and maintained new filing systems.
- Greeted and directed professional visits.
Legal Secretary - ( 2005 - 2010)
- LifeStyle Furnishings International, Greensboro, NC USA
- Provided secretarial support to two paralegals and deputy general counsel as needed; maintained client files; researched Intellectual Property for furniture companies owned by Lifestyle; streamlined Apostille (document authentication) process to reduce waiting time by half.
Plumbing Inspector ( 2010 - Present)
- NYC Department of Buildings, New york, NY USA
- Prepared inspection reports.
- Conduct plumbing inspections on water
Office Administrator - ( 2006 - Present)
- Old Salem Museums & Gardens, Winston-Salem, NC USA
- Assisted Vice President of Collections & Research with creating and tracking budgets for five departments; planned travel; registrar for all seminars and programs, including processing payments and sending confirmations; maintained office inventory; arranged for new equipment as needed; maintained department vehicle, scheduling repairs as needed; secretary for Board, planning meetings, hotels and taking minutes; worked with other departments as needed. Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Distributed mail and internal correspondence.
Store Manager - ( 2003 - 2005)
- Sewing in the Carolinas, Winston-Salem, NC USA
- Assisted customers and answered all their questions about our products. Assisted clients to find items, informed about products' characteristics, compared different models, described purchase terms and conditions, provided information about warranties and recommended one product or another according to customers' needs.
- Dealt with the cash register, returns and exchange requests. Reported to the business owner once a week about sales, stock, employees performance and proposed new strategies to improve results. Traced inventory, ordered merchandise, controlled sales, reconciled cash and receipts, and made bank deposits. Answered client questions and was in charge of customer complaints. Dealt with work schedules and assigned duties and responsibilities to each worker in the store. Dealt with payments using credit card machines and totaled sales on daily basis. Designed and arranged the window and store displays in the most attractive way for clients.
- Organized items, controlled inventory and cleaned the store. Explained and demonstrated products to customers to help them to make purchases.
MSR/Administrative Assistant - ( 1996 - 2000)
- First Carolina Corporate Credit Union/NC Credit Union League, Greensboro, NC USA
- Two years as Member Service Rep, answering phone inquiries from Credit unions in NC & SC; Traveling to Credit Unions to install software and training the staff; CD purchases and offerings;
- Two years as Administrative Assistant to EVP of NC Credit Union League; preparing documents, minutes for Board meetings, assisting in organizing Annual Meeting and Golf Tournament;
Office Manager Resume Skills
- Microsoft Office, Proficient, 15 years
- Quickbooks, Proficient, 15 years
- Payroll, Proficient, 30 years
- Human Resources/Benefits, Proficient, 20 years
- Customer Service, Assisted with customer inquires on Tricare and referral issues. Provided guidance to patients in regards to the Special Needs Program and also assisted with off base provider availability inquires., 9 years years
- Administration, Provided personnel and administrative assistance to senior leaders , 9 years years
- Management, Supervised 6 - 7 personnel during a single time period, 3 years years
- Typing, 45-50 wpm, 9 years years
- Scheduling, Scheduled patients for initial and follow up visits , 3 years years
- Customer Service, Helping others with a positive attitude., 25 years years
- Collections, Tracing customers with non-payment status and collecting the payments from them personally outside of the office., 4 years
- Microsoft Office Programs, Word, Excel, Access, Works, Powerpoint, and Overlook, 15 years years
- Critical thinking skills for problem solving, Excellent, 36 years
- Strong organizational skills, Expert, 36 years
- Sense of Priorities with strong integrity, Advanced, 36 years
- Ability to multi-task with positive attitude and professional demeanor, Excellent, 36 years
- Microsoft Office Suite, Experienced, 20+ years years
- Microsoft GP Dynamics, Experienced, 5 years years
- Cisco VoIP Phone System, Experienced, 7 years years
Office Manager Resume Education
Blue Ridge Community College , 2016
- Weyers Cave, VA,
- Associates of Science, College Transfer
- High school diploma
Blue Ridge Community College , 2009
- Weyers Cave , VA,
- Associates Computer Engineering, Hardware/Software Focus
- Associates Degree in Computer Science
Lansing Community College , 2004
- Lansing, MI, United States
- Human Services, General Associate Degree
- Deans List: GPA 3.5
- Annapolis, Maryland, United States
- Facilities Management, Facilities Management Administrator (FMA) designation
- Completed FMA designation program within one year time.
BOMI International , 2013
Ross Medical Education Center , 2011
- Granger, IN,
- Medical Assisting,
- Indiana University South Bend , Current
- South Bend, IN,
- Completing Prerequisites,
Butler University , 2009
- Indianapolis, IN,
- Political Science,
Brenau University , 2004
- Gainesville , GA, USA
- Business, MBA
- Master's degree program in Business Administration
Brenau University , 2002
- Gainesville , GA, USA
- Business, BBA
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Olympic College , 1989
- Bremerton, WA, USA
- General Studies, AA in General Studies
- Associate of Arts in General Studies
Resume Languages Examples
- Spanish, Beginning: Two semesters of Spanish taken and plan to continue
- Spanish, Fluent: I am strong in conversational Spanish and I am able to read and understand it.
- English, Competent: Good use of grammar and sentence structure, High Vocabulary and Good Intonation.
- Filipino, Competent: Good use of grammar and sentence structure, High Vocabulary and Good Intonation.
- Chinese Mandarin, Competent: Basic use of sentence structure, Basic business conversation.
Office Manager Resume Achievements
I became a Branch Manager six months after hiring in, at twenty years old. I turned a once failing store into a profitable location. I've successfully completed multiple collection courses provided by my employer. My branch receives the highest internal and state audit scores in the state of Ohio every year due to my diligent attention to detail.
Top of the Mark recognition for exceeding my annual company goals in all categories
Developed the first written Employee Handbook for H-O USD outlining policies for compensation, benefits, time off, terminations, etc.
Best Graduate - International Relations Department of Parahyangan University, June 2004